FY 2022 Appropriations Requests

A message from Congresswoman Lee

"It’s an honor to be nominated to serve on the House Committee on Appropriations and to be Nevada’s voice in the room where our nation’s most critical funding decisions are made. Right now, our country is facing unprecedented challenges that require significant resources to address. I want to make sure those resources are put to good use. Federal funds are so important for Nevada’s working families, and every year the House Appropriations Committee is responsible for passing spending bills that fund the federal government and determine how taxpayer dollars are allocated. These taxpayer dollars fund programs that support education, veterans, health care, nutrition, workforce development, infrastructure, public lands, and so many other critical public resources and services. Bottom line, I pledge to fight for budgets that support Nevadans and reflect our values."

Programmatic Requests

If you are interested in submitting a programmatic/language request, please use this appropriations request form to let us know about your priorities. All instructions are included on the form. Our deadline for programmatic/language requests was March 5th, 2021. We have finalized and closed the process for programmatic requests.

Community Project Funding Requests

If you are interested in submitting a request for a Community Project, please feel free to click on the following links below that include the required information for each subcommittee. For more information about Community Project Funding, please see the Appropriations Committee Guidelines here. Specifically,

  • We will not be accepting Community Project Funding Requests from Non-Profit organizations.
  • We will not be accepting Community Project Funding Requests from Private Companies
  • Community engagement and support will be crucial in determining if projects are worthy of federal funding. Examples of demonstrated support include but are not limited to: support from newspaper editorial boards, letters of support from elected community leaders, and projects listed on state intended use or community development plans.
  • Requests will be published online.
  • Each project request must be for Fiscal Year 2022. Requests for multi-year funding will not be accepted.

How Can You Submit for a Community Project Funding Request?

We have finalized and closed the process for community project funding requests.

  • For Agriculture, please click here.
  • For Commerce, Justice, Science, please click here.
  • For Defense, please click here.
  • For Energy and Water Development, please click here.
  • For Financial Services and General Government, please click here.
  • For Homeland Security, please click here.
  • For Interior and Environment, please click here.
  • For Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, please click here.
  • For Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies, please click here.
  • For Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development, please click here.

Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure

The Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure is accepting CPF requests for consideration in 2021 Surface Transportation Authorization Legislation. The Committee encourages projects that appear on a state (STIP) or local transportation improvement plan (TIP) from a state or metropolitan planning agency.

Please use this form to submit requests for CPF through the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure. Requests must be submitted using the form in order to be considered. For additional information about eligibility and available funding, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our office.

Please note that the Committee is encouraging "projects that will help advance the goals of the surface transportation authorization legislation, which include building a safer transportation network, increasing access, strengthening our multi-modal transportation systems, reducing carbon pollution, enhancing environmental justice, supporting underserved communities, and improving state of good repair of our Nation’s infrastructure."

Again, if you have any further questions, please feel free to call my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 225-3252 and ask to speak to my legislative staff about your appropriations request.